Rideshare Vehicle Registration
To register as a Smart Commuter in Kitsap Transit's Rideshare Vehicle Registration
Program, you must regularly carpool or vanpool at least three days a week. To register,
please complete this form. In lieu of a signature, please put poolers last
4 numbers of social security number for confirmation.
In approximately 10 days your Rideshare Vehicle Registration will be processed and your
Pool Manager will be sent a pass and valid permit. If your employer participates
in Kitsap Transit's GRH program, each carpool or vanpool member may be eligible for
a guaranteed ride home.
Rideshare Vehicle Rules
- Rideshare vehicles must have two or more registered adult members.
- Ridesharers must travel together at least three days a week to employment sites.
At all public park-and-ride
lots, carpools exercising their carpool privileges must clearly display
a valid carpool permit and have at least two licensed people in the car at the time
the car is parked. There are no exceptions. (Note: at some employer
lots that are participating in Kitsap Transit's Smart Commuter program, the
employer may allow their carpoolers to park in carpool spaces when they are
driving alone. This policy is NOT allowed at public park-and-ride
- The pass, with valid permit, must be clearly displayed in the registered parked vehicle,
visible to personnel patrolling the area.
- Your rideshare permit may be transferred between registered vehicles in your pool, but
only one may use preferential parking at any given time.
- Your permit may not be duplicated, or transferred to a vehicle not listed on your
- If you forget your pass, you must inform your employer and/or Kitsap Transit immediately
in order to park in a preferential space. If you lose your pass, contact Kitsap Transit.
There is a $10 administrative fee for reissuing a lost or stolen pass and permit sticker.